IEC/ISO/IEEE 80005-1:2012(E) describes high voltage shore connection (HVSC) systems, on board the ship and on shore, to supply the ship with electrical power from shore. This standard is applicable to the design, installation and testing of HVSC systems and addresses:
- HV shore distribution systems;
- shore-to-ship connection and interface equipment;
- semiconductor/rotating convertors;
- ship distribution systems; and
- control, monitoring, interlocking and power management systems.
It does not apply to the electrical power supply during docking periods, e.g. dry docking and other out of service maintenance and repair.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2012-07
Edition: 1Number of pages: 57
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 8/SC 3 Piping and machinery
- ICS :
- 47.020.60 Electrical equipment of ships and of marine structures
ISO/IEC/IEEE 80005-1:2012Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.